Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Monterey Historic Ferrari
I took the morning off to check out the Historic Ferrari Races at Laguna Seca - it's part of the larger Monterey Historic Races. There's nothing like the sound of a V12 Testa Rossa to refill your soul. Pictures are here - add comments to the pictures if you know the model. I'm working on some video (don't get too excited, it's from a digital camera...). A personal treat for me was seeing a Ferrari 312PB being driven around the roads of Laguna Seca - don't see that everyday!
Update: The video is now available
Saturday, August 11, 2007
My Favorite Mac Utilities
These are the apps I have to have on a mac to make it usable:
- Adium - A single chat client that works for Jabber / AOL / Yahoo / Google Talk and is fairly configurable.
- CoRD - Open Source Windows Remote Desktop client
- iTerm - Terminal tool that supports tabs (although apparently Leopard will fix this in Terminal)
- QuickSilver - Uber app launcher
- VLC - Media file player
- TextMate ($) - An extensible programming editor that finally weened me off VIM (for mac editing at least).
- OmniGaffle ($) - Diagramming tool with thriving community of stencil developers
- Parallels ($) - Run Linux / Windows in a sandbox.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Isle of Man Shifter Karts
I enjoy driving go-karts (and have the broken rib to prove it!) but driving one of these 250cc shifter karts in the rain on the Isle of Man just seems crazy to me.