How I spent my Sabbatical
As I mentioned earlier, I took advantage of my 3 week sabbatical recently. I accomplished less than I hoped but still managed to do the following:
- Attended Startup Camp (Day 1, Day 2)
- Took a trip to Chicago with my wife
- Read the following books:
Fooled By Randomness, Nicholas Nassim Taleb
The Pragmatic Programmer, David Thomas
Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing, Christopher D. Manning, Hinrich Schütze
Refactoring, Martin Fowler
Getting Real, 37 Signals
- Created a new blog about Randomness called Survivor Bias.
- Built a rock garden in my back yard
- Had lunch with some former colleges to catch up.
- Finished a Ruby on Rails app I was building in my spare time at work.